WHY YOU SHOULD START BUILDING YOUR EMAIL LIST RIGHT AWAY
When you run a blog or business website, the thing you surely want to do is to build your mailing list if you want to successfully promote your work. Email list you should have as soon as possible is actually an email database of people who might be interested in service, product or ideas you offer.
Every advanced blogger or owner of small business site should make an effort to create an email list right away. There are a few reasons why should you do that:
- a) An email address is something that almost every person has. People check the email several times a day so you can get in touch with people at any time.
- b) Social media are highly helpful when it comes to reaching people. The bad side is that social websites don’t last forever. Social media is very important but you should also take an advantage on every opportunity to get in touch with your audiences and make better results.
- c) Sooner you get an e-mail list sooner you will be able to reach your potential customers and keep them updated about everything you have to offer
EMAIL LISTS HAVE THEIR OWN ADVANTAGES:
- Immediate communication – you can reach your chosen audiences whenever you want since you have well organized database. While other ways of advertising could take few days to get to the audience, email is delivered immediately so people can read it as soon as possible.
- Email is targeted – Email list should gather people that have shown interest in your content. This provides you with the information on what they like. This will give you the advantage to deliver them only relevant content in order to achieve better results. You will also be able to receive direct feedback provided by the list members, and to make more specific offers.
- Email is personal – Your message is not created to be published for a wide audiences. It is made for a user and it goes straight to their inbox.
- Email is Purposeful – If someone wants to be on your email list, he/she have to sign up for the list and confirm their email address. This sounds complicated and if someone is ready to do this much work, he/she probably is interested into things that you have to announce.
- Email is One-on-One – it keeps the privacy. People are able to ask you more questions directly with confidence. This way a one on one relationship is built and it also helps you to make a brand.
- Spreading the Word – using your email list, you are able to spread the word about every promotion, sale or release you have. And your audience can share good news further by forwarding messages.
EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE
You can use different Email marketing software in order to create and manage email lists. Some of those programs are:
AWeber – that offers over 150 templates and it integrates with PayPal, WordPress, Eventbrite etc. It lets you to create the list and to follow subscriber’s clicks, what pages they visited on your website and even their location. This software has a several pricing options. Monthly plans could be bought from $19 for 500 subscribers to $149 to register 25,000 subscribers.
InfusionSoft – combines email, social marketing, CRM and e-commerce solutions. It helps you to send targeted emails and keep detailed records of your customer. It has three plans of pricing. It starts with offer for 5,000 contacts and 500,000 emails for $199 a month. Highest monthly price is $499 for 100,000 contacts and 500,000 emails.
MailChimp – has more than 400 templates that integrates with Google Analytics, PayPal, Shopify, Salesforce, FreshBooks, SurveyMonkey and more. You will get a summary of every click, open, unsubscribes, complaints… For less than 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails in a month, program is free. Other plans are from $10 a month for up to 500 subscribers to $240 a month which allows you to have 50,000 subscribers.
ExactTarget – is meant for businesses with many emails to send. It offers a high quality tracking and reporting on times of opens, clicks and review results. You can’t choose monthly plans for using ExactTarget. You will get a custom plan with proper price depending on your email volume.